A new arrival...
As many of you have heard, we have a new addition to the Wolff Clan!! It must be obvious that life has been a little hectic, since our little Brynn is now six weeks old and I am just now getting to the update on our blog! There has been a lot going on since July 20th. Although I have shared the story with many of you, I thought I would share the details of our little miracle baby and how she came into this world.
It was Sunday morning, July 20th and I had rolled out of bed at 5:30 for about the 10th time that night to use the bathroom. The day before I felt pretty miserable and wasn't sure how much longer I was going to enjoy this pregnancy. I had sat on my yoga ball for about 3 hours trying to relieve some of the pressure from my siatic nerve. After using the restroom I rolled back into bed to try to get at least two more hours of sleep. Around 6:30, I woke up in a panic with the thought that I had just wet the bed! My first thought was...how could this happen! I can't believe I just wet the bed. I jumped up and realized it was still coming. My second thought was...my water broke! I quickly said to Brock, "hottie, my water broke". It was the fastest I have ever seen him get out of bed. I ran into the bathroom in an attempt to stop the gushing and got in the shower. In the shower I looked down at my stomach and held out my swollen ankles with bitter sweet feelings. I knew we were having a baby today and I was so excited! On the other hand there was a part of me (a pretty small part) that knew I would miss being pregnant. We had waited nearly 10 years to be able to get pregnant and today - it would be over. Although swollen ankles and a royal pain in my back was getting a little much, I loved the feeling of having a baby gtrow inside of me. I couldn't wait to meet the little angel - boy or girl that would enter into our family on that day. We hurried and called Sean (Brock's brother) to come stay with Bo and we rushed off to the hospital.
We got to the hospital around 8:30 and it was a long day before Brynn actually arrived. The extra time was good as it gave family time to get here. My Mom and Grandma flew up from Salmon (thanks to my Uncle Jim Bob), my sister flew from Salt Lake and my Dad drove from Salmon. They were all in the delivery room with us including Chace (the video camera man) and Andra. You know us...always looking for a party! Everything went great! Brock stood by the doctor to help catch the baby, Amy kept cold wash cloths on my head when I was sweating so bad from pushing for two hours, my Mom helped hold my legs, and my Dad and Grand stayed in the corner not wanting to watch the action. We were all making bets on what we were going to have. All the girls were betting on a boy and all the boys were betting on a girl! I would have bet my house that it was a boy! When I finally delivered, I heard Amy say...it's a girl! We all started crying. Although I thought it was a boy, there was a part of me that really wanted a girl. We couldn't ask for a more perfect angel.
Brynn Erlene Wolff was born at 8:40 on July 20th. She was 8lbs. 20 inches. Many people said they couldn't believe I had an 8 lb baby, but I could. I felt every ounce of her on my siatic nerve! She has lots of curly hair and is just perfect. We are all so excited for such a beautiful, perfect baby. Bo finally has his baby sister and couldn't be more excited. All of us have a hard time keeping our eyes off her!



No comments:
Post a Comment